Old July 1st 07, 09:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

Default Nikon 18-200mm Lens in Stock for $799

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 07:53:37 GMT, David J Taylor wrote:

When you talk about carrying the camera for several hours, is that round
your neck, in a shoulder bag, or what? The weight I carry is of concern
to me as well.

Oops. I posted my last before I noticed this part of your reply.
I don't wear it around my neck or carry it in a shoulder bag. I
hold it in one hand - it has a short strap attached that's slightly
larger than my hand. I occasionally carry it in a small Tamrac
camera bag, but the bag is a very small one, only able to hold the
camera, with a front pocket barely large enough to carry a spare set
of batteries, (usually left home) and a filter in a mesh compartment
in the top lid. And I've tossed the bag's neck strap and carry it
only using the small handle attached to the bag's lid.