Old July 1st 07, 08:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

Default Nikon 18-200mm Lens in Stock for $799

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 16:25:09 +1000, Joan wrote:

: That said, the 18-200mm lens isn't so heavy that it can't be
: easily held.

I've had a D50 for about 18 months and now have a D80. Both cameras
are about the same size and weight. With the 18-200 it's just not a
problem.

Agreed. Notice that I already said that? But as I also
indicated, holding a camera for several hours is quite different
than picking one up for short periods to take only a few shots. As
mentioned, I can carry the light S5100 for hours without noticing
its weight, which is only 340g. (0.748 lb.) The D80 and 18-200mm VR
lens (but no battery) weighs 1145g. Do you really think that you
could also lug that body and lens around for several hours without
noticing its weight, which is a little more than 2 1/2 pounds? A
liter bottle of water or Coca Cola weighs less than that. At 340g.
the S5100 weighs about as much as a 12oz. can of Coke.