Old July 1st 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joan

Default Nikon 18-200mm Lens in Stock for $799

I've had a D50 for about 18 months and now have a D80. Both cameras
are about the same size and weight. With the 18-200 it's just not a
problem.

"ASAAR" wrote in message
:
: Well sure. The lens would be harder to hold if you had large
: hands, as your muscles would have had to deal with the extra weight
: of your larger hands. g
:
: That said, the 18-200mm lens isn't so heavy that it can't be
: easily held. But I've sometimes walked for hours holding a small
: camera (a Fuji S5100 P&S that resembles a small DSLR) and it was so
: light that at times I wasn't even aware of holding it. I think that
: if the 18-200mm VR was mounted on the small D40, its weight would be
: quite noticeable if it was also carried around for a few hours.
: