Old July 1st 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

Default Nikon 18-200mm Lens in Stock for $799

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 14:08:41 +1000, Joan wrote:

I don't find the lens heavy and I have small hands.

Well sure. The lens would be harder to hold if you had large
hands, as your muscles would have had to deal with the extra weight
of your larger hands. g

That said, the 18-200mm lens isn't so heavy that it can't be
easily held. But I've sometimes walked for hours holding a small
camera (a Fuji S5100 P&S that resembles a small DSLR) and it was so
light that at times I wasn't even aware of holding it. I think that
if the 18-200mm VR was mounted on the small D40, its weight would be
quite noticeable if it was also carried around for a few hours.