Old July 1st 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joan

Default Nikon 18-200mm Lens in Stock for $799

I don't find the lens heavy and I have small hands.

"babaloo" wrote in message
t...
: If you have not handled this lens you may be in for a surprise.
: It is quite hefty. Literally a pain in the neck to carry around
attached to
: a camera hanging from your neck.
: Optically the Nikon is not any better than Sigma/Tamron et al,
although
: image stabilization is, admittedly, its undeniable asset.
: For what they are the quality of all these lenses is surprisingly
good,
: especially at the longer end of the zoom range.
: Hence it is the only lens I am taking with me on a trip to Africa
(well, a
: second camera will have an ultrawide zoom!).
: Enjoy your lens.
:
: