Old July 1st 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
babaloo

Default Nikon 18-200mm Lens in Stock for $799

If you have not handled this lens you may be in for a surprise.
It is quite hefty. Literally a pain in the neck to carry around attached to
a camera hanging from your neck.
Optically the Nikon is not any better than Sigma/Tamron et al, although
image stabilization is, admittedly, its undeniable asset.
For what they are the quality of all these lenses is surprisingly good,
especially at the longer end of the zoom range.
Hence it is the only lens I am taking with me on a trip to Africa (well, a
second camera will have an ultrawide zoom!).
Enjoy your lens.