Old October 18th 04, 08:48 PM
Joseph Meehan

Developwebsites wrote:
I have a lot of photos I'd like to get reprints of, some enlarged
and scanned.
Is it better to scan them and crop and blowup on the computer or crop then
enlarge from negative then scan? Is the quality of the print(size of
grain)
the same if I crop and enlarge a subject 3x to 4x6 as it is if I just
enlarge a 4x6 3x and then scan and crop?

I have used ISO100,200,400 but dont remember which negs
are which. Some negatives do say 200 or 400 on the strip, some dont.

Always work from the most original source to get the best results. In
other words, if you have a negative, then print directly from the negative
if possible.

On the other hand, it may be a lot easier to scan than then print
digitally. With a really good scan and good equipment the loss will be
minimal.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math