Old October 17th 18, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

Default Image capture speed gets a boost!

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 6:04:43 AM UTC-4, Eric Stevens wrote:
-hh wrote:
PeterN wrote:
On 10/15/2018 12:16 PM, nospam wrote:
Neil wrote:
Seriously, I suspect that we'll see some significant boost in capture
rates for upscale cameras in the not-so-distant future...

One can hope so, although I suspect it is coming, since it is
relatively cheap for manufacturers to increase it as a product feature.

60 and 120fps and even 240fps is the norm now. the problem is storage..

To quote you, "storage is cheap."

LOL. Case in point, just bought a decent 128GB card for $25.

I see the issue as on of organization.

To quote you, again, “nonsense”.
Modern OS’s can accommodate 4 trillion files on a directory.

Do you really call that organized?

No, since that wasn't the intent. The intent was merely to
point out that even a trillion discrete files can currently
be stored on a disk in current off-the-shelf OS's, which is
the enabling technology for whatever organization schema
one wishes to employ.

I've mentioned in the past that I've done work with high speed
cameras. From some of that work, we ended up with ~8 million
digital frames in just the first year to manage as we waded
through the analysis. Scaling from million to trillion is
of course not without its challenges, but since both are large
beyond nominal human comprehension, the limitation's elsewhere.

-hh