Old July 24th 17, 02:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Where I keep my spare cats.

In article
XnsA7BC8D6E5FD1HT1@5Ey7Y0WLaPuERU0A05uPw88DhkqXmR dYH29POSXNQp8t9iyKPynW.
27RaAms, Diesel wrote:

Realistically, the restrictions creates a problem. Several years
ago my daughter gave me an iPod, about half filled with some of my
favorite music. The source for the music was my music collection,
consisting of some irreplaceable recordings, including original
Louis Armstrong, Toscanini, Caruso, Lanza, three different
versions of Wagner's first, etc. The original computer that she
used is long gone. I would like to transfer the music to my
iPhone, and add new music. Apple has told me that it can't be
done. I'm sure there is a way. The suggestions on some of the
Internet forums has not been very helpful. Realistically, the
reality is that you don't know what the hell you are talking
about. Don't give me that bull about "most." There are many others
who have needs similar to mine.

Indeed. DRM is a real ****er isn't it. No decryption key, no tunes.
Praise be to Apple for screwing you and countless others like you
over, two ways from sunday. /sarcasm off. I meant no offense to you
Peter, you've called him out and that brings a smile to my face.

drm isn't the issue and no decryption keys needed. you can't see past
your hate to understand the actual problem.

he didn't back up his music when he got rid of the computer.

despite that, he can easily copy the music off the ipod. apple doesn't
prevent that.

five is actually rather generous. most people don't even own five
computers.

Irrelevant.

I don't know where this person comes up with most either.. I know
quite a few people with more than five computers in their homes.
Actual computers in the desktop/tower/laptop sense. More if you
include the cells, tablets, etc.

*very* few have that many computers and cellphones and tablets do not
count, along with ipods.