Old December 31st 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Andrew Haley

Default New photo printer

D.M. Procida wrote:
Andrew Haley wrote:

I want to replace my old HP PhotoSmart 7150 with something smaller,
neater, a built-in scanner, and very importantly, better output.

The PhotoSmart's OK, but not brilliant.

The model I was considering was the Canon Pixma MP970, but I'm not
really up-to-date with printing.

That's an all-in-one, I think. Do you really need one? Maybe it
might be better to buy just a printer.

The upgrade to Leopard broke the drivers for my ancient Canon scanner,
which I've now given away, so yes, I do need one.

Sure, you need a scanner, but you don't need an all-in-one. You're
almost certainly not going to get the best printer that way.

Andrew.