Old July 3rd 03, 04:35 PM
Frank Malloway

Default SUSPECTED FRAUD WARNING!

This scam actually took place over at fredmiranda's site but this
crook may strike here as well so I wanted to post this heads up.
His name is Tony Bacon email address:
"Makin Bacon" is his handle.
He lives/works out of Illinois.
According to one poster, he also has an ebay account.
Basically this guy is very slick.
He doesn't offer the obvious "too good to be true" deals on new
equipment, but fair prices on used equipment. He discussed the
condition, gave info on where and how much he paid, said he had to
have a little more because of the expensive B + W slim polarizer he
was throwing in. He negotiated price a little like any of us would.
Sent me a paypal invoice immediately after we made agreed on a price.
He always answered emails quickly and politely up until he said it had
been shipped late, via FedEx, by his wife. He was called away on
semi-urgent personal business. He promised to email me the tracking
number when he returned. That was the last email I ever received.
I am not alone. There have been at least 2 other victims so we all
need to be a little more careful.
Here is a link to the discussion over at Fred's site if you are
interested in the details:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/37885
Frank in Atlanta