Old January 2nd 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default enlarger question

I would say both are equally important up to a point. You need a good
strong enlarger with a sturdy base that is light tight especially if you are
having alot of different people using and abusing them. An enlarger that
shakes will negate the best enlarging lens. Start with this type of
enlarger and the best lens you can buy and then focus on what exactly you
will be using them for and look for the extras that will help you.

Been away from the darkroom for ten years and that felt great. I miss it

"Gunnar Mallon" wrote in message
Hi all,

we have a couple of very bad enlargers in our university society darkroom.
i am looking to buy new gear now. what would you say is more important
lenses or enlarger? how does the enlarger matter? is it not just a bit of
metal that passes light through the negative onto the lens?

Many thanks,
Gunnar