Old December 18th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Hans Dull

Default 2 questions about digital cameras

Neil Jones wrote:

[...]
I do like the Canon Powershot G10. Considering it's lineage, I would
consider it as a prosumer camera. Where do the experts in the field
create the demarcation for point-and-shoot cameras between the consumer,
prosumer, professional cameras?

The G10 isn't that bad! But what about the
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX37 (5x) from 25 - 125 mm?
Or:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3?
It has a _very fine_ Lens (2.5x) equiv. to 24 - 60 mm.
For me it would be my one (Fine distortion, Noise levels, external
Flash, ...) but for now I've got the Fujifilm F30 which is better than any
other none DSLR :-D.

[...]

Look at dpreview.com and see the differences ;-)

--