Old May 18th 14, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Analysis tool

On 2014-05-18 15:56:11 +0000, Forehead said:

On 5/18/2014 10:36 AM, PeterN wrote:
There have been times in the field where I have had images with
technical difficulties. I can usually fix the issues, but when I get
back I sometimes forget what went wrong.
I started using Nikon View as an analysis tool. It shows me exactly
where I messed up. I have looked at exif readers, but they don't seem to
give me as accurate analysis, nor do they show the focus point. I can
also make some rough adjustments that will be kept by those images that
I want to process in DXO. (If I do any processing in LR, unless I first
save as a tiff, DXO will not recognize the adjustments.

Just thought i would pass this on to anyone who is interested.

And I thank you for that info. I have been struggling with some
of the limitations that you described. Nikon shows it's dominance
yet again, apparently. I will definitely be looking into that product.
(( {:-/

ViewNX or ViewNX 2 should have been part of your new Nikon camera
bundle. I am not sure if it is included with the latest models. I got
my copy with my D300S back in 2010.

Savageduck