Old May 12th 05, 03:52 AM
David Dyer-Bennet

Gisle Hannemyr writes:

David Dyer-Bennet writes:
I think I want the DCS-660M, actually. Except none seem to be for
sale anywhere; which probably means that if one *were* available
it'd be out of my price range.

So we are two. I would actually settle for a DCS 460m, but that
one is just as elusive. I'm even desperate enough to consider
(but so far just consider) getting a Sigma SD10 for B&W work.

Apart from the Sigma SD9 and SD10, and the vintage Kodaks - do there
exist any other DSLR that do not have a Bayer colour mask in front of
the sensor?

Not yet, to my knowledge. The SD10 would presumably have the (minor)
resolution advantage, but I don't believe it has the sensitivity
advantage, which is the main benefit I'm hoping for.