Old August 2nd 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default Why current silver DSLRs make people want to vomit

On Aug 1, 3:26 pm, (Paul Mitchum) wrote:
RichA wrote:
On Aug 1, 3:08 pm, (Paul Mitchum) wrote:
RichA wrote:
The Rebel and Rebel XT. Very rare Nikon D50s and Olympus E-500s.
What they all share is a stigma in cameras that in humans is akin to
leprosy. Silvered plastic. It looks so awful and cheezy that only
the lowest forms of life (bottom barrel pocketable P&Ss) wear it like
a badge of honour.
However, mark my words. If Canon or Nikon released a metal bodied
DSLR with a silver finish like the old FE or AE-1s SLRs, it would
cause a sensation. IMO, it could possibly outsell black.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp

Better, but still silvered plastic. Sad, when you consider even the
lowliest Pentax SLR (K1000 $129.body when it left production) was metal
shelled.

Early K1000s were, but later ones had plastic tops.

--http://www.xoverboard.com/cartoons/2007/070416_argument.html

Uug, I didn't know that. But I can appreciate it given how low the
body price went.