Old January 7th 18, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default thumbnail sizes

On Jan 7, 2018, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply wrote
(in article ):

I've been using this to make thumbnails of jpeg files:

for img in *.JPG; do
echo thumbnailing $img
convert -geometry 105x70 $img $img
done

Why?
Why not use decent software?

Files from the K10D result in thumbnails of about 57 kB and those from
the GR of about 46 kB, with little variation. Is there a simple
explanation as to why?

Different cameras, different image content.

The K10D is 10 megapixels and the GR 16, but I don't see why that is
relevant here, but maybe I am missing something.

The RAW file size, and native JPEG size is going to be different for those
two cameras. As a result any thumbnail from those different sources is going
to have a different size.

I am still curious as to why you need to generate thumbnails. It seems to be
a pointless exercise.

Savageduck