Old June 23rd 12, 03:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default Nikon scanner - compatibility on new computer

On 2012-06-21 17:04 , Alan Justice wrote:
I have a Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 ED. I've been using it on a Win XP PC.
I will be getting a Win 7 with 64 bit processing. Will the scanner work?

Nikon stopped supporting their scan s/w a year or so ago. AFAIK they
don't support the 64b version.

So see what Robert Coe says.

Vuescan is not as good as the Nikon s/w (IMO). (I have both).

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.