Old January 26th 07, 12:56 PM posted to alt.graphics.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.zlr,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
Wayne J. Cosshall

Default How to simulate macro photography of models on real photos inPhotoshop

Leigh Taylor wrote:
Surely you realize that there are countless Photoshop experts the world
over, and that some of them explore similar concepts. It's rather "blatant"
of you to make this accusation when he clearly is using different image
examples, and has created his own graphics to demonstrate every aspect of
the process he describes.

How many articles do you supposed there are to explain the use of layers?
Did they all steal each other's stuff?

The original story appeared on Digg last month. It got 3180 diggs and a
huge discussion thread on the technique. It was one of the most popular
Photoshop technique articles ever to appear on Digg.

Then, a few weeks later, Wayne's article describing the exact same
technique also appears on Digg. Not a generic topic like layers, but the
same technique used to achieve the same effect in the same way as the
original article.

Wayne says he didn't see the first article, despite it's extremely high
profile in a web community he clearly moves in. Fair enough,
coincidences happen.

I post some of my articles on Digg, and some of my readers post my
articles there, but I must say I rarely use it myself to research
issues, news or techniques, and didn't in this case.

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall