Old June 25th 04, 10:27 AM
Al Denelsbeck

Default [SI] I miss...

"Matt Clara" wrote in
:

"The DaveŠ" wrote in message

We're taking turns?

--

No, but I waited patiently for last turn's critiques, and when none were
forthcoming, I decided I'd best take a turn at it myself.

As the old joke goes, "it's your turn in the barrel."

I've been actively encouraging this since the start, really, and have
tapered off on my own critiques to allow/induce others to fill in the gaps.
It's a good exercise. It forces you to stop and examine an image to
determine why you reacted to it.

Moreover, having several different opinions kicking around allows for
a better impression overall. There is no "right" answer to composition -
it's all subjective. But often times there's a consensus...

On top of that, strictly from my own standpoint, I've been devoting
more time to other projects. But I may show up in a day or two with
commentary anyway, since this one was my own mandate.

But yeah, go for it! Scribble your thoughts down, brief, detailed,
whatever. Spend a couple days on it and do them in batches if you like (I
usually do). I'm pretty sure that none of the people who have offered
commentary are "qualified", and I can assure you that I'm not. But
photography is not intended for art critics - everyone can view a photo and
decide if they like it or not, and thus everyone can say it out loud.

Have fun!

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net