Old May 17th 17, 01:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Monitor settings

On 5/16/2017 11:34 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, and the price doesn't seem unreasonable, but
I have been using cameras for long enough to know that most of the nice
"must have" gadgets won't actually make any real difference.

a properly calibrated display *does* make a difference. a very big
difference. in other words, such 'gadgets' are *well* worth the price.

Total and complete agreement.

I have umteen thousand dollars tied up in printer, ink and papers. I
have several umteen thousand dollars tied up in camera, lenses,
tripods and various associated bits and pieces. It would be foolish of
me to at the last minute skimp on a few hundred dollars for a screen
calibration device which help me better attain the ends to which I am
striving.

yep.

OMG. nospam and I have agreed before, but the three of us. This is a first.

--
PeterN