Old July 10th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Default 120 film near SFO

John McWilliams wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Alan Browne^ wrote:
Hi,

I'll be arriving at SFO next week.

Is there a good store with 120 near the airport?

Velvia 100, 100F, E100G, ...

Thanks,
Alan

Thanks to all who replied.

So far, only Calumet has all the film types I want in stock and have
reserved them without pre-payment for me.

I've got to call Keeble & Shuchat yet. That would be pretty
convenient as we're driving south, not north when we get the car.

They have a collection of cameras lining a few walls, and a small
exhibit area. Two store fronts within a block or so of one another.
Calumet is fine, but a bit dry and chain-ish.

I think you'd like K$S.

Calumet's SF store is kind of a cool industrial warehouse artist loft
thing, strictly pro supplies, equipment rental, overpriced studio space,
I get my ink & paper there but yes it's definitely a chain.

K/S is a pretty big old time camera shop in a nice old-town small-town
area in Palo Alto with a heck of a lot more interesting stuff to gawk
at. I went there for an m42 screwmount adapter once.

Adolph Gasser is an old relic South of Market near the financial
district with a film counter downstairs, lots of locked glass displays
on the main floor & the repair window upstairs. I went there for years
for specific slide films when I was doing landscape architecture work at
offices downtown.

Photographer's Supply is a bare bones film counter packed between the
warehouses South of Market. This is where the art students buy film with
spare change they just panhandled g, and pros.

Pro Photo I haven't been to but sounds like a great quirky mess of a
shop. Lots of studios in that area: Dog Patch, around the other side of
Potrero Hill. I talked to one guy on the phone before & some friends
like them.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net