Old July 9th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Hamish Reid

Default 120 film near SFO

In article m,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 7/8/2008 1:51 PM Hamish Reid spake thus:

In article ,
Alan Browne^ wrote:

I'll be arriving at SFO next week.

Is there a good store with 120 near the airport?

Velvia 100, 100F, E100G, ...

Depends on what you mean by "near", but the nearest might be Keeble and
Shuchat in Palo Alto: http://www.kspphoto.com/activepages/main.html; a
little further away, but maybe easier to get to, in SF itself, is (of
course!) Calumet:
http://www.calumetphoto.com/ctl?ac.u...reLocDetail&ac.
comp.locID=SF. They both had 120 film when I was last there, but I
haven't been to K&S for a while so they may do only digital now. And
there's my fave photo store in Berkeley, Looking Glass
http://www.lookingglassphoto.com/ which still does film, but it's not
near the airport in any sense.

Other than, I don't know -- I haven't done film in years -- but I
suspect there's not much near the airport itself...

There' a store much closer than any of those--Kaufmann's in San Mateo
(http://www.kaufmannscameras.com). They used to have another store in
San Bruno, which is *very* close to SFO, where I used to shop when I
lived there, but unfortunately it closed in 2006.

Ah, Kaufmann's! Of course, I have that typically snobby Berkeley / City
view of the world that ends somewhere around South City and restarts at
Palo Alto :-).

I agree with you; Looking Glass is my favorite also. Say hi to Bruce
(Kaplan, owner) next time you're there.

I haven't seen Bruce there for quite some time, unfortunately (but I
don't go there very much at the moment -- I'm too afraid I'd probably
end up spending all that money I'm trying to save for the Epson 9800
:-)). Is he still the owner? There was some change fairly recently...
I've been going there on and off since the days when Peter was the owner
and it was down near Alcatraz. A few changes over the years :-).

Hamish