Old October 12th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default |GG| What is the big deal about LiveView?

Rotten Ronny wrote:

I finds it useful for night time or shooting in dark rooms because you can
see the LCD much better than what you can see through the viewfinder and you
can increase the brightness of the LCD too.

With my point'n'shoots (which have LifeView), I found 2
situations where I use the dark hole called viewfinder, even
though parallax etc. is a real problem:
- It's too bright to see anything on the LCD[1]
- It's too dark; the LCD does not show recognisable images.

-Wolfgang

[1] Though I do own a P&S where i simply switch off the
backlight for the monitor to save power in these
situations, as the monitor is perfectly OK with full
sunshine on it.