Old September 20th 04, 11:28 AM
LR Kalajainen

Peter De Smidt wrote:

.

This looks like a good deal:

I once bought a Technika III on Ebay. The lack of front tilt is a pain,
and, more importantly, you have to be very careful that there isn't
significant wear in the metal tracks. My front standard had "play", and
I couldn't find a way to get rid of it.

-Peter

The Tech III (I used to have one) does not have front tilt on the lens
standard, but it does have a drop bed feature which amounts to the same
thing. The tripod mount is on the camera body rather than on the
bed/focusing rail, and the hinges are such that they permit the front
bed to be lowered, thus tilting the front standard down for depth of
field control.