Old October 2nd 19, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
SMS

Default Camera quality of output summary scores for the top 50 as ratedby individually detailed DXO Mark Mobile Reviews

On 10/1/2019 8:08 AM, Incubus wrote:

snip

Furthermore, even were their results consistent and infallible, all they show
is how good a lens is at passing a series of specific tests (although their
resolution section is entirely subjective). It's like those reviews based on
taking photos of a brick wall or a bookshelf - possibly useful if I only take
photos of walls or bookshelves but giving me no useful information about how a
lens functions out in the real world in different circumstances.

The "specific tests" have a purpose because they are designed to push
the sensor, lenses, and image processing to the max. If a camera does
well on these "stress tests" it has a direct correlation to "real world
circumstances."

An advantage of the "specific tests" is that they do the same tests for
all phones so that no phone can gain an unfair advantage by skewing the
results by picking and choosing tests where one device has an advantage
over another device.