Old June 7th 18, 12:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

Default End Of An Era:

On 06/06/2018 00:59, nospam wrote:
In article , Davoud
wrote:

Alfred Molon:
My kids don't even know what film is. They have never seen a film
camera.

And as time passes, it becomes less likely that they will ever see such
a camera, at least not in use. In a museum, perhaps.

The juvenile quibbling in this thread is stunning. What amuses me is
people who cannot do creative thinking, but take everything literally.
If one says "It's raining cats and dogs!" they will likely say "You're
wrong, as usual, idiot! Those are aggregated water molecules with
traces of various particulates, acids, dissolved gases, and other
compounds. Have you even sent them to be analyzed? I thought not."

The fact is, the film era is over in the same way the horse-and-buggy
era is over. You can still buy a horse and they still make buggies, but
the horse-and-buggy era is over.

exactly correct.

Priceless.

--