Old January 1st 18, 06:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default This Guy Made an 8x10 Large Format Video Camera

In article , RichA
wrote:

Sandman:
https://petapixel.com/2017/12/30/guy...-format-video-

camera
The title is a bit misleading. He is using a large format lens to
project the image on a cinema screen-like surface in the back of
the camera, and then use a full format Sony A7S II to film that
projection with a wide-angle lens. I suppose it's the closest
thing we can come to a large format video camera without building
a huge 8x10 digital sensor. The end result is 4k@24fps -- Sandman

So he just wanted the kind of image an 8x10 lens produces?

Yup, and thi sis probably a better method to achieve this rather than trying
to adapt the lens for the sensor. The A7S II is amazing and if it records the
projected image, you will get 100% of the lens characteristics in the end
result, if you can adjust for the angle properly.

--
Sandman