Old March 18th 12, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chloe

Default I'VE DONE SOMETHING TERRIBLE !

On 19/03/2012 4:09 AM, Annika1980 wrote:
On Mar 15, 10:48 am, wrote:

The other problem is getting off your backside and finding worthwhile
subject matter. That's the real killer. I think that backpack full of
iced donuts and big macs Annika needs to carry everywhere wouldn't leave
enough room for any cameras, much less lenses, somehow.

I probably take more pics in a month than you do in a year. The trunk
of my car is my camera bag. As for lenses, I'm down to a few.
Mostly, I'll shoot with either the Forgotten 400mm f/5.6L or the 100mm
f/2.8L Macro. I also have an 85mm f/1.8 that I rarely use as well as
the 65mm MP-E Macro and the old standby, my 28-135 IS, which pales in
IQ compared to any of my other lenses.
I had to give up my 70-200 f/2.8L and I miss it dearly. Also, my
17-40 f/4 was stolen so I really don't have any good wide angle
options.

Boasting and self indulgence is something I see a lot of in your
postings. There's a serious difference between shooting more pics in a
month than I do in a year when all but a scarce few of the pics I shoot
in a year earn me a living.

Your boasting reminds me of a filly advertising her wedding photography
qualities in my area. Wedding Photographers are like weeds here... Get
rid of one up and two more pop up!

"I'll give you 4 hours of photography and 500 images on disc for $750".

She's got the same issue as your boasting luv. It's not how slow you are
at taking your finger off the stutter button that matters but how many
of the shots you're lucky enough to get that are worth keeping. That's
what really matters!

So is trunk/gadget bag the one in the little Nissan or the one in the
Toyota Land Cruiser? If its the cruiser, I'll take my hat off to you,
pins and all!

Chloe