Old March 15th 12, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chloe

Default I'VE DONE SOMETHING TERRIBLE !

On 10/03/2012 4:57 AM, Bruce wrote:
Pete wrote:

As in "The canons of fair play" or "Cannon fodder"?

Or something closely approximating to "a loose Canon". ;-)

Is that anything like the loose stuff floating around in those 24 -70
F2.8 Canon lenses? I always wondered why Father would say things like
"Pass me the loose canon sweetie" when referring to any of his Canon
zoom lenses. As I recall the "Environmental sealing" in his 70-200 f2.8
wasn't all that resistant to sucking in fuel gunk at drag race meets either.

I guess you get that from zoom lenses that claim much and deliver
little. Maybe its only Olympus stuff you can run under the tap?

Hey Annika... Has the mirror fallen out of your 5D yet? LOL. I was
almost beyond bladder control with laughter when this fellow calling
himself a wedding photographer and charging $5000 for the day (which he
refunded $4000 of after his 'Professional' 5D ruined the day.

Well, I really got amused when he took the lens off to see what was
wrong and the mirror fell out! Absolutely hilarious. I still have
trouble controlling my laughter just thinking about the look on his
face. Fancy someone claiming "I couldn't afford two cameras at the
prices I charge".

Maybe giving most of it back when his lone camera dies is the real
reason. LOL from that one. And you recommend them do you?

Chloe