Old January 24th 04, 03:04 AM
Tom Thackrey

Default Road ruts with Jobo

On 23-Jan-2004, Brian Kosoff wrote:

I shoot large quantities of film, from 120 up to 8x10 doing it by hand
would
be prohibitive. I bought a Jobo because supposedly, it was the most even
processing. What's funny is that most of the Jobo owners that I have
spoken
to have similar problems with eveness. When I asked a Jobo tech, they told
me that I might need to turn my processor 90 degrees in relationship to
the
earth's magentic field!!!! Now that's what I call customer service!

I guess (or is it gauss) I must have aligned mine correctly by accident.

I do 35mm, 120 and 4x5 in my Jobo 1500. I've probably done 400 rolls of
35mm, over a 1000 of 120 and several hundred sheets of 4x5, mostly B&W, some
E-6, and quite a bit of C-41 in the last two years. All of my problems have
been user induced. When I load the film and chemistry correctly and select
the right program and water temperature I get excellent results. I only know
a few Jobo owners, but all of them seem to like the results. I bought mine
because Rod Dresser was so happy with his. I'm also surprised at your
experience with Jobo support. I've never had to call them, but I've always
heard good things about their responsiveness and knowledge.

I'm not trying to suggest that you aren't having problems or that Jobo's
perfect. I'm just relating my experience.

--
Tom Thackrey
www.creative-light.com