Old May 4th 18, 09:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Reasons Why FB Insist on Owning Your Stuff

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

Let us just say I have never had a presence anywhere in, or an account with
Facebook. All this cheesy plan demonstrates is confirmation that I will never
have a Facebook account.

that you know of.

I do not have a FB account I have signed up for, not even as Savageduck.

there's an extremely high likelihood that facebook has a shadow account
for you.

It is likely that FB is aware of my existence due to folks who have my
contact information, and who have FB accounts, in much the same way that
Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, and all of the various social media site mine
contacts from their account holders.

yep, among other ways.

However, that is not quite the same as
me opening a FB account and surrendering all my personal data.

while not exactly the same, they almost certainly do have data on you
and millions of others who *don't* have a facebook account and and are
actively selling ad placement based on it.

what's worse is you can't ask for the data to be deleted because you
don't have an account to log in and make that request.