Old November 5th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris W

Default digital camera battery use

wrote:
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 08:54:13 -0800, "
wrote:

I am shopping for a new digital camera that would cost under $150.
My question, is the battery usage of all digital camera the same, or
do some cameras need battery replacement less frequently than others?

best, Aaron

Generally speaking replacing batteries in a digital camera is not
done.

Just because you use rechargeable batteries doesn't mean you don't have
to replace them. When the set in the camera go dead, you need to put a
fresh set in. Unless you are willing to stop what you are doing and
wait for the only set you have to recharge. I think the OP is looking
for long battery life so he doesn't have to swap out a set of cells or
recharge very often. Also all rechargeable cells can only be recharged
a certain number of times before they need to be replaced. The more
shots you can take before recharging the longer the cells are going to last.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Ham Radio Repeater Database.
http://hrrdb.com