Old December 12th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Default canon Rebel XTI software

Mark B. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks I am using a PC windows XP home edition
Yup,
Start/settings/control panel/Add Remove software.

Select the program and remove it, reboot.
Restart and install the new software.
Check its working, 'Bobs your Uncle' !!!

If I remove the original software from the PC will I still be able to
download from the smaller digital canon a30 , I think he will still
want to use it for some quick photos when we travel . will the new
drivers work for the smaller older camera. or should i leave all the
files from the original camera in place

Get a card reader instead, then you don't need the drivers from either
camera.

Mark

A card reader is always a good idea, however, using winxp you don't need
any extra drivers (even though canon supply one). You also do not need
zoombrowser except for a couple of features like entering the owner name
into the camera. In the case of higher end models you would need to
check what and where canon offer raw support.
If you connect the camera to winxp without having loaded any software,
the camera and settings wizard will launch. If you elect not to use
that, the camera will show as a device in windows explorer and list pics
it finds. If you have loaded zoombrowser, winxp will give options for
default action. You can still use one of the methods mentioned above.
I'm pretty sure the later zoombrowser will see the earlier camera.
Dave Cohen