Old September 13th 14, 09:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Lenses and sharpening

In article 2014091300481511547-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

First are we talking sharpening in general, sharpening to overcome
softness due to exposure settings, or issues with a particular lens?

Over- or underexposure do not cause softness. This can come from
incorrect focus, a soft lens or camera shake.

Next, if it is a particular lens which lens? If you are talking about
the 70-300mm, what brand and model, and mounted on which camera?

Is the softness you are experiencing over the entire image, or edge softness?

What post processing tools/software are you using?

Are these RAW image files or JPEG?

When in your workflow do you usually apply any particular sharpening method?

The files usually are RAW. I don't have ready made examples. It's just
something I have observed over time, that sometimes image softness can
be very effectively eliminated with some sharpening, sometimes not.
--
Alfred Molon