Old January 10th 05, 01:20 PM
news

Hi Jeff:

Try out some of the compact florescent replacement lamps. They don't
flicker. The colors is close to daylight and they last a long time. Also the
don't produce anywhere near as much heat as normal lamps. I got the idea
from an add I saw for a lighting setup in a camera catalog. They made a soft
box with 9 of compact florescent lamps to get near a 1000watts of light.
I've been using 2 of the 100 watt equivalent types in flood lamps fixtures
to light mineral specimens I like to photograph. One disadvantage is they
can't be used with any kind of light dimmer.

--
John Passaneau, W3JXP
State College, PA

"Jeff" wrote in message
I bought a couple of GE 250 watt Photoflood bulbs for my light box and I
love
the natural color of them. They have none of that yellow/orange cast that
regular bulbs have. However, they are too bright and they only have a max
life
of around 3 hours. Can someone recommend a blub that casts the same type
of
color from 100 to 200 watts?

Thanks,

Jeff