Old June 13th 21, 08:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default crop thumbnail

On 13/06/2021 03:59, Scott Lurndal wrote:
If I crop a photo with multiple people in it and want to make sure the JPEG
exif thumbnail doesn't still have the people I cropped out, what Windows
program can I use to reset the thumbnail to the newly cropped results?

If I needed to do that, I would likely try IrfanView to see the image,
Edit|Copy. Close IrfanView. Open IrfanView. Edit Paste. Of course,
re-saving a JPEG can loose a little quality. You might also try
JpegCrop. Any other image processing program might work with the
copy/save as new image.

At a quick test JPEGcrop seems to work, at least displaying the the
image in Windows. EXIFtool would allow you to remove the thumbnail
altogether.

https://exiftool.org/

https://jpegclub.org/

David