Old October 20th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lloyd Erlick

Default Agfa 120 brownton print developer; which time to follow?

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 06:08:07 -0500, John
wrote:

Then he needs a new book.

October 20, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

If it contains Metol as the only developing
agent, someone along the information chain
might have meant Ansco 120. I think of this
developer as 'D-23 for prints'.

But it could easily be called Agfa-Ansco 120,
or Ansco-Agfa 120, so the mistaken name Agfa
120 might appear. It just compounds the
sadness of the situation that an actual Agfa
120 exists ...

I wish we could rename it. Agfa 123 sounds
great, easy to remember, and it's virtually
certain any actual user would put some amount
of Potassium Bromide in it.

regards,
--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.