Old October 1st 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Walter Banks

Default The Value Of An Apology, At Least From A Republican's Perspective!!

Bill Graham wrote:

Saddam Hussein killed over two million Iraqi's during his
30 year reign as Iraq's president. To me, this justifies eliminating him.
Certainly, it at least raises the "question" of legality/illegality. Maybe
he only killed one million. Maybe he killed four million. At what point
would you consider it mandatory that the other heads of state in this world
become justified in killing him? Were we justified in killing Adolf Hitler?
Should we have killed Josef Stalin?

This is a slippery slope, what separates a leader who killed a million
from one who killed 900,000. Is 100,000 enough? What about
3,000?

Using this measure to justify invading and deposing a leader can
have un-intended consequenses.

w..