Old June 13th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rich

Default Revolutionary use of digital images

On Jun 12, 9:23 am, Derek Fountain wrote:
This was on Digg this morning, so many of you might have seen it:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/129

but I'm surprised no one has mentioned it here.

It's not often a Micros**t technology demonstration draws gasps of
astonishment from a live audience, nor, if I'm honest, a great deal of
respect from me, given my view of their products and practices. And in
that vein I have to add that they acquired this, rather than invented it!

But, credit where it's due, this is absolutely astonishing stuff. What
they've done with the images of Notre Dame harvested from Flickr has
profound implications for all digital photographers.

Invest 9 minutes of your life watching the video.

--
Derek Fountain on the web athttp://www.derekfountain.org/

What a F------ JOKE! I can just seem some LOSER trying to ferret out
anything worthwhile in those LITTLE PICTURES...on his PATHETIC
iPhone!!!! Until people develop EYES that can zoom in (not for
awhile, I trust) this stuff, this CRAMMING of data into WORTHLESS,
TINY packages, not to MENTION having to DEAL with F----- pathetic ads
from companies like BMW while you ATTEMPT to use this STUFF for
ANTHING practical, is a WASTE OF TIME.
Please y-gens, will you and your qualityless JUNK just go the F----
away??!