Old June 12th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dennis@home

Default Revolutionary use of digital images

"if" wrote in message
Derek Fountain wrote:

It's not often a Micros**t technology demonstration draws gasps of
astonishment from a live audience, nor, if I'm honest, a great deal of
respect from me, given my view of their products and practices. And in
that vein I have to add that they acquired this, rather than invented it!

But, credit where it's due, this is absolutely astonishing stuff. What
they've done with the images of Notre Dame harvested from Flickr has
profound implications for all digital photographers.

Large-scale copyright infringement is nothing new for Microsoft, for
instance their "smart tag" technology was also designed to create
unauthorised derivative works from copyright websites.

If someone doesn't want people to actually look at images why are they
posted?
It is just another viewer like a web browser.