Old September 7th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
ShibbyShane

Default 10D Still Going Strong!

Eric Miller wrote:
Recently, I spent about two hours on a Sunday morning trying to get the
hummer to hit a certain flower where I had pre-focused the camera. I
had the 20D on a tripod with a remote cable running inside the house.
I had two speedlights set up, one on each side for illumination. Then
I went inside and sat and waited ..... and waited ..... and waited.
That damned bird would hit every flower on the plant except the one I
wanted him to hit.

Try this: Save one of the syringes that you use to give shots to your
dogs, or get one from the vet or pet store; Grind off the point for
safety reasons; Fill the syringe with sugar water mixed at a strong
ratio like 3-1 or even 2.5-1; and, use the syringe to inject the nectar
into the flower you want the bird to visit. Do this the day before if
the flower lasts for several days. Just before your shoot, refill the
flower. I got about 15 shots of the bird at the same flower during that
shoot.

Patience is overrated.

Eric Miller

When you say a mixture at a ratio of 3:1 do you mean three parts water
and one part sugar or visa versa?