Old January 20th 05, 08:59 PM
nick c

ZONED! wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:46:39 -0500, "Don Dunlap"
wrote:

I really hadn't planned on using AA batteries. I will try it some day soon
just to see how many images I can get. I'll let you know.

Don

I had only planned on using them as a last resort until I found they
did not work at all in my grip. If you ever consider using AA in an
emergency, I would recommend trying them out ASAP so you can return if
neccesary. If you wait too long you must deal directly with Canon,
which is something I would not even wish on an enemy!

Canon approves using AA alkaline and Nickel-Hydride batteries. I tried
both and was bitterly disappointed. AA alkaline's didn't last very long.
I think I got about 105 shots before they became useless. Nickel-Hydride
batteries didn't work at all.

I contacted Canon when I found Nickel-Hydride batteries wouldn't work. I
was told they should work and last long enough to take about 200 shots.
I was advised to procure different brands of Nickel-Hydride batteries,
which I did, and found none of them worked.

No matter, I didn't intend to use AA batteries anyway. I carry two extra
sets of charged BP-511 batteries when I'm out among the masses clicking
away.

nick