Old January 18th 05, 11:46 PM
Don Dunlap

"ZONED!" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:11:15 -0500, "Don Dunlap"
wrote:

I have been putting off getting the Battery Grip for my 20D because of
several reports of problems. Several people remarked about how loose the
grip was and that it wouldn't work with some functions.

I finally got one yesterday and it is great. It is solid as a rock and I
honestly can't see how it could be loose. It does add more weight to the
camera though and combined with my 28-135 lens, it feels as if the
combination weighs 10 pounds. As with anything though, I can get used to
it.

When I first saw the extra controls on the bottom of the grip, I wondered
how they could come into play, but I quickly learned that they are very
handy when using the poitrait mode. I used to tilt the camera to the
right
and my hand was awkwardly placed under the camera. With the battery grip,
tilt to the left and my hand is on top as it is when holding the camera in
the landscape position. I still haven't found it easy to locate the
viewfinder with my eye this way, but that will also come with practice.

Overall it is great and I bought it locally for $160, including tax, so I
think I got a bargain.

Don Dunlap

See in the foldout where it says you should get around 60-80 images
(depending on flash) with AA alkaline batteries? How many can you get?
I am just curious because I cannot rely on one.

I really hadn't planned on using AA batteries. I will try it some day soon
just to see how many images I can get. I'll let you know.

Don