Old March 12th 04, 11:13 PM
Fred A. Miller

Default Tokina 80-400 II

Peter Patershuk wrote:

Hi all,
Could you please give your opinions on the Tokina 80-400 II lens for a
serious armature. I can't afford the Canon 100-400 or the Sigma 80-400 image
stabilized lenses. The other lenses I am looking at is the Sigma 70-300 APO
macro, Tamron 70-300 LD macro, Tokina 24-200, Tamron and sigma super zooms.
Or just go with the Tamron 24-135. I realize that I am all over the place on
what I am considering but just trying to get best quality for the dollar. I
already have the Digital Rebel with the 18-55 lens. Thanks Peter.

Peter, from personal experience, save your money and buy Canon lenses -
they're worth it! Sigma ISN'T consistant, and construction ISN'T anywhere
near as good as Canon.

Fred

--
"...Linux, MS-DOS, and Windows XP (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
the Ugly)."