Old January 21st 19, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

Default A stunning image of last night's special moon

On 21/01/2019 17:28, David B. wrote:
On 21/01/2019 17:22, nospam wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

https://i.

(posted with permission)

bull****.

Nope! :-P

Ask him - he-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/smirv/...9jcGR2ZLrwvEDA

Those are *great* photos. But returning to the moon and statue, am I
really the only person who thinks photographs should normally document
reality? We all understand perfectly how the advertising photographer
needs to employ all sorts of fakery to get just the right "image" for
the client, and we don't believe adverts anyway. But when you have an
apparently dramatic image like the original, or even more so ones which
show an airliner silhouetted against the moon or the setting sun, I feel
cheated if it is just been made from two boring stock images in
photoshop, rather than having been captured by a great skill and perhaps
just a little bit of good luck. There's even a magnificent ISS transit
that I believe to be genuine which fills me with awe.