Old August 29th 04, 01:53 PM
Claudio Bonavolta

"Alan Smithee" wrote in message
news:zlcYc.253854$J06.239049@pd7tw2no...

Just burn in the sky. I do this all the time with similar negatives.

You can also try split-filtering. That is, when burning in the sky, use

lower-grade contrast filter (or more yellow in a dichro head).

I'm using Kodak Polycontrast filters fitted over the lens. I do have a
dichro head as well. Is it better to use the color head to control

contrast?

I do prefer to use my color head for several reasons (the major being you
can adapt it to every type of paper) but you have to calibrate it.

The following page gives you an idea:
http://www.butzi.net/articles/vcce.htm
The already mentioned book "Way Beyong Monochrome" by Lambrecht/Woodhouse
has also a chapter on this.
Both use double filtration to keep exposure times similar between grades.

My approach is somewhat different as I use single fltration and a
computer-linked timer that does the exposure change easily:
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/labsoftV3.htm

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch