Old November 17th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.misc
SMS 斯蒂文• 夏

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

Neil Harrington wrote:

snip

That's "everything you'd expect from Leica glass" by Julia Silber, who in
the first paragraph uses "prime" when she means fixed focal length. I think
she's the only columnist in Pop Photo who does employ that popular but
ignorant misusage. (Herbert Keppler certainly never does.) Someone that
careless with language is not to be taken very seriously.

And she does not say that the lens was "designed by Leica" or that "Leica
monitors the quality control." She says, "Made in Japan by Panasonic to
Leica's specifications," which is all but meaningless.

And of course you realize, given the poster's extremely long history of
complete fabrications, never with any citations, references, or names,
that "industry people I respect" does not mean that he actually knows,
or has talked to, anyone remotely connected to the industry in question.