Old January 29th 09, 06:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

Default Surprised at Adorama!

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:57:57 -0800, Savageduck

On 2009-01-28 17:42:08 -0800, tony cooper said:

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:29:46 -0500, ASAAR wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:00:14 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

Hey! I posted nice compliments first! What do *I* get?

While it's a myth that he actually said it, Gen Nathan Bedford
Forrest, a Confederate cavalry officer known for his quick strikes and
successful forays, is quoted as saying "Git thar fustest with the
mostest". I asked fust, so I should get the mostest.

Wrong interpretation. If you follow Gen. Nathan Bedford's advice
you should ask fust and have the mostest questions. That won't
guarantee success but it'll git'cha a good chance t'win the mostest.

If you ask too many questions, you may be saying what that great
military genius of the Okefenokee swamp once said: "We have met the
enemy and they is us".

A Pogoist!!

...and in this NG we can also find the reincarnation of Simple J
Malarkey in our MOPAR pal.

I can modestly (albeit, with false modesty) say that I have met
several celebrities in my life. I once rode down six floors on an
elevator in the Mayflower hotel in NYC with Al Capp.

I also was given a personal tour of the Mad Magazine offices in NYC by
Bill Gaines. It was arranged by an employee of mine who had gone to
school with (cartoonist) Jack Davis at Georgia. I briefly met
(cartoonist) Don Martin who autographed a book for me. When on a trip
to San Francisco, in a restaurant I sat three tables over from Robert
Crumb. We did not speak, but I know he wanted to.

I also shook hands with a former (losing) Vice Presidential candidate
in O'Hare Airport. I forget his name and wasn't even sure of it at
the time.

My wife, when on Psych affiliation at Cook County Hospital, met
Liberace in a bar in Chicago. That was before I knew her. My
celebrity meetings top hers and I often remind her of this.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida