Old January 28th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Troy Piggins[_22_]

Default Surprised at Adorama!

* Sharp Dressed Man wrote :
Went on their website to check an item I decided to buy and saw that their
price was the same as another usually reliable online vendor I often buy
from-- but Adorama was offering free shipping. So I put one in my cart and
start to check out-- only to see shipping charges listed. I retried the
order from the beginning and got the same result so I called them and
explained the problem.

I gave the guy the SKU number and he tells me-- no, that item doesn't have
free shipping. No I said, I'm looking right at it and your web page says
it's free. Well he says in his best New York way, maybe you're reading it
wrong or maybe they just took free shipping off that item. No problem I
say-- as long as you take the $6.95 shipping off my order.

Then he says $6.95 wasn't all that much money and he wouldn't remove it and
I said OK, if that's the way you do business now, goodbye. I hung up and did
not complete the order.

Is that just an uncooperative CSR-- or a new business model based on bait
and switch? I've made many purchases from them and other than the occasional
required "confirmation call" so they can try to sell me unwanted add-ons,
I've never had any problems.

I've bought from them many times. Can't comment on the free
shipping deal because I'm overseas and it never applies to me,
but their service and delivery times have always been spot on in
my experience.

--
Troy Piggins